Sweet & Sour Carrots for Vata Season
You will need:
1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrot
1 tbsp raisins
Rock salt to taste
Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger root
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp fresh lemon zest
1/8 tsp crushed cardamom
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
* Steam cook the carrot for 5-6 minutes until fork tender.
* Heat ghee in a pan until clear.
* Add the raisins and sauté briefly until they plump up.
* Add carrot, ginger, cardamom, salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
* Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, zest and parsley.
* Serve warm.